Sam Bowker: The Grand Tour Diary (2005 - 2006)

This is the archived journal of a 2005-2006 'Grand Tour' around the Eastern Mediterranean and along East Africa, written by Sam Bowker, whilst in search of his PhD topic.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

The Upper Egypt Series

I've just posted the blog updates written whilst travelling around the south of Egypt for the last few days. They've been installed at the right points chronologically, so you'll have to scan back to find them.

There's several pages of text, so perhaps you should make yourself a cup of tea or coffee before settling into them!

I'm back in Cairo for the next few days. Plans for travel through Libya are still being finalised, and I'll basically have the next few days to myself as Mum and Dad are occupied elsewhere. There's a few things I plan to do, and one very, very, important task which you shall definately hear about if it succeeds.

1 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, December 07, 2005 7:11:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Sam,

    Hope that Egypt and family are treating you well. DJ finished exams yesterday and proudly informs me that you dedicated your last web blog to her exam success.

    DJ, Yasar and I are off to the theatre tonight. Hope the world is a play for you too.

    Cheers
    L

     

Post a Comment

<< Home