Sam Bowker: The Grand Tour Diary (2005 - 2006)

This is the archived journal of a 2005-2006 'Grand Tour' around the Eastern Mediterranean and along East Africa, written by Sam Bowker, whilst in search of his PhD topic.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Italy - the Big Museums of Florence

Dedicated to the Medici Dynasty and the clever chaps who invented the ticket reservation service.

It's been a massive day, so this post is inversely proportional to the amount of stuff I've been up to.

I only saw three places - the Uffizi (six hours! I feel like I've got another degree!), the David and the gallery that goes with it, and the Palazzo Pitti.

My god I'm buggered. Too much visual accumulation.

Better post later.

1 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, November 02, 2005 5:58:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Two Steven Wright comments for you.

    The hardness of the butter is inversely proportional to the softness of the bread.
    and -

    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

    Maternal parent

     

Post a Comment

<< Home